Seven principles that Seven-Eleven should follow when purchasing goods
In addition to operating convenience stores to consider the location, store structure layout, commodity decoration, daily operations, stocking is also a key. Through strict control, grasp the goods purchase, convenience stores can obtain considerable profits.
Therefore, the convenience store stock should follow the following principles:
- It conforms to the principle of characteristics of business type. Convenience stores operate differently from department stores and supermarkets. For consumers, the biggest selling point of convenience stores is the convenience of buying goods.Therefore, the stock of convenience store goods should be the same as other management of convenience store, starting from providing convenience for customers, and different from the commodity structure of other retail formats. This is the most fundamental principle of stock goods in convenience stores.
- Conform to the principle of commodity combination. Each convenience store has its own business strategy, appeal focus and business circle, so each convenience store in the classification and combination of goods must be different.For example, in the convenience store near the school, school supplies and snacks preferred by students account for a large proportion, while in the convenience store in the community, there are more daily supplies, fresh fruits and vegetables, which forms the difference in goods.Convenience stores must start from their own operating characteristics, targeted procurement of goods.
- In line with the principle of high turnover. Because the stores of convenience stores are small, they cannot display too many goods. Therefore, in the limited display space, only the best-selling products with high turnover rate can increase the turnover and reduce the inventory pressure.Therefore, convenience store purchasing personnel should screen the most suitable goods according to the business circle customer attributes, market commodity intelligence, market share, etc., to improve the turnover of goods. In addition, in order to increase the turnover rate of commodities, products with the same or similar functions, tastes and specifications are usually displayed in only 1 or 2 kinds to avoid repetition.
- Comply with the principle of safety and hygiene. In recent years, there are often unqualified goods (such as preserves, mineral water, etc.) in convenience stores, consumers can easily cause discomfort after eating, the image of convenience stores will also be damaged, so the selection of suppliers must be rigorous.
- Comply with the principle of gross margin target. In order to achieve operational performance, the expected gross margin target is usually set for each category of goods, so the purchasing personnel should use this as the basis to achieve the overall gross margin target. Large sales volume, large purchase demand, strong bargaining power, the lower the cost, the higher the gross profit. In addition, the headquarters provides at least 30 percent of featured products, products for the quarter hot style, profit margins as high as 40 percent.
- It conforms to the principle of non-operating income. Convenience stores in addition to operating income, there are some non-operating income. Therefore, for goods with sales discounts, display subsidies and rebates, priority should be given according to the situation of the store, so as to create greater procurement benefits.
- Pursuing the principle of differentiation. With the development of new retail, convenience stores are opening more and more. Facing fierce competition, the pressure of operator multiplies. This requires convenience stores to show operational differences, better meet customer needs, in order to form operational advantages.